Dance and laughter. Laughter and dance.
There were 6 of us. The party was technically over. And yet, the most incredible dance party ensued.
All the woes, all the worries, all the life stuff, gone in those few moments. It is amazing how laughter and dance work together to mend what needs mending within us.
What I'm learning is that my body needs breaks. It needs to rest and recharge. But it also needs moments to let go and unravel by having fun. The combination of down-time and activities that energize create the perfect recipe for feeling renewed and refreshed.
This week, I challenge you to find your winning combo. What activities bring out your spirited self and help you let go of what weighs heavily on you? Give yourself a break, even if you would rather not.
Combine rest with something you know will bring out the laughs. And just because, here are some ideas that might help you get started.
1. Check out a comedy show- either in person, or online, like this incredibly hilarious comedian Sebastian Maniscalco.
2. Drop in to free salsa night.
3. Get together with a friend who doesn't take herself too seriously.
4. If you have a toddler in your life, spend some time with him or her today.
5. Play with a cat or puppy.
6. Watch a movie from the 80s or 90s. Some of my favorites: Drop Dead Fred, Groundhog Day, Curly Sue.
7. Ask an older relative to share stories from her past with you.
8. Go through childhood photos.
9. Watch videos of babies laughing. This one is my all-time favorite.
10. Turn on some your favorite old-school jams while making dinner tonight. Bonus points for turning up the volume, and extra bonus points if you sing loudly and unapologetically. [Cue that sexy 90's R&B.]